BitcoinCryptocurrency News

80% of Anthony Pompliano’s Holdings are in Bitcoin

There have been different predictions floating around where Bitcoin is concerned, with thousands claiming that the pioneer cryptocurrency is prepping up for another legendary bull run. But, there are also those who are too jaded due to their previous experiences or are just not willing to take the risks associated with this possibility, in order to get in the game. A former member of the Facebook team, Anthony ‘Pomp’ Pompliano is a Bitcoin bull and a noted investor. He has made it clear to everyone that he is certainly not afraid of the price movements experienced by Bitcoin. The man disclosed in a recent podcast that a whopping 80% of his wealth is held in the form of the first cryptocurrency in the world.

Keeping this in mind, things that happened in the mind can seem quite amusing. A long-standing Bitcoin bull, Pomp had made waves last year due to a segment that he did with one Kevin O’Leary on CNBC. At the time, Pomp had claimed during the ‘Squawk Box’ that almost 50% of his holdings were held in the form of Bitcoin, which highlighted the clear confidence he had in the cryptocurrency. Of course, he didn’t provide a dollar figure about his holdings. 

However, having such a large holding in Bitcoin is undoubtedly worth noting. A Canada-based businessman, O’Leary had also appeared on ‘Shark Tank’ and he had made it abundantly clear that he was more bearish when it came to Bitcoin. According to the information that Pompliano shared in the recent podcast, it is obvious that he decided to do the complete opposite of what O’Leary had told him. Rather than reducing his exposure to BTC, Pompliano has actually boosted it significantly. Hence, he has gone from 50% of his holdings in Bitcoin to 80%. The remaining 20% of his wealth is kept in the form of real estate, cash, along with startups and other companies.

There is a good chance that these early-stage investments have something to do with companies in the crypto space, which means that Pompliano’s exposure to digital assets makes up more than 80% of his total assets. Over time, there are a lot of investors who have decided to risk their skin in the world of crypto, particularly in Bitcoin. With cryptocurrencies becoming more and more mainstream, this really doesn’t come off as a big surprise. The chief executive at Real Vision, Raoul Pal also announced in a recent podcast that nearly 50% of his liquid net worth was in the form of Bitcoin.

The man is renowned for correctly predicting the Great Recession that occurred in 2008. He also worked at Goldman Sachs as the head of the Hedge Fund Sales Division. All of this makes it clear that some of the big players are now making investments in Bitcoin and the leading crypto is garnering a great deal of interest. With markets stabilizing and prices going up, it will be interesting to see how things progress and if more people invest in Bitcoin.

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to content